If you, like me, are still a little wary about leaving your house this summer, I’d live to provide you with some summer reading recommendations.
Because life has been just generally overwhelming because… Well, everything… I’ve really increased the amount of escapism in my life. I’ve read 20 books so far this year, and 12 of them have been sci-fi or fantasy.
So, without much further explanation other than “need escape from real life, here are books that do that” here are 9 books I recommend to take up your summer.
These are all books I give 5 out of 5 stars to. There’s some reimagined America, some space travel, clones, robots, and witches.
- Sarah Gailey, “The Echo Wife”
- P. Djeli Clare, “Ring Shout”
- Sarah Gailey, “River of Teeth”
- Nnedi Okorafor, “Remote Control”
- C. M. Waggoner, “The Ruthless Lady’s Guide to Wizardry”
- Becky Chambers, “To Be Taught, if Fortunate”
- Alix E. Harrow, “The Once and Future Witches”
- V. E. Schwab, “The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue”
- Martha Wells, “All Systems Red” and the rest of The Murderbot Diaries.